Spring Intern - Entertainment Diversity
CBS Television NetworkStudio City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
We are seeking a dynamic & qualified individual who is eager to learn from and support the Entertainment Diversity & Communications Department.
• Assist with all CBS Entertainment Diversity Initiatives (CBS On Tour, Diversity Comedy Showcase, Writers Mentoring Program, Directing Initiative, Daytime Casting and Directing Initiative)
• Provide general clerical support (copying, faxing, typing, mailing and shipping, billing, filing, et al)
• Assist in organizing casting, development, and current programming stats for annual diversity metrics reports
• Compose event blurbs to be published on CBS Update
• Daily media sweeps (online and print) for Diversity and CBS Communications press or news of relevance
• Manage RSVPs for Diversity events
• Assist in managing Entertainment Diversity social media accounts
The CBS Internship Program is designed to provide students with exposure to various departments within the television/entertainment industry.
With this in mind, managers are advised to delegate a diversified selection of assignments with an emphasis on projects, rather than clerical tasks. Additionally, the program serves as a way of providing CBS with an array of highly talented and qualified students eager to apply their skills in assisting with special projects.
This is intended to be a developmental experience, and as such, managers provide constructive guidance throughout the program.
-Must be available at least 3 full days out of the week
• Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university, and will be junior or senior in the upcoming semester
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure of tight deadlines
• Experience and familiarity with various social media applications preferred
• Ability to maintain confidential material
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled