CBS RadioSan Diego, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
CBS Radio San Diego has a Programming internship available for students interested in radio, broadcasting, and the music industry, designed to provide them with meaningful hands-on work experience.
Programming interns will work with the on-air talent to learn how to intro songs, answer and edit listener phone calls for on air content, take requests, run a board, pull show prep for an air shift, and do production. They will also learn how to communicate information about station events and promotions via Twitter, Facebook, and blogging on the website.
The student must have a willingness to learn, the ability to multi-task, attention to detail, exceptional communication and organization skills, and proficient computer skills. It's imperative that the student conducts themselves in a professional manner when representing the station.
• Currently attending an accredited college
• Must receive college academic credit
• Suggested GPA 3.0 or above
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program
• Submit application packet
• Resume and cover letter
• Two letters of recommendation (one from college advisor & one from previous internship/employer)
• Writing sample (no more than 2 pages)
• Letter indicating certification of college academic credit
• Personal Interview
Junior or Senior status preferred
EEO Statement: : Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled