Spring Intern - Video Production
CBS Local Digital MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
CBS Local Digital Media provides undergrad/graduate student's a hands-on, work experience through a structured internship program. Students are encouraged to observe and participate in a professional work environment and explore CBS Local's day-to-day operations. Through this internship program, students gain valuable skills and knowledge that will be applied in their future careers. CBS fosters an environment where learning is contagious.
The Video Production Intern will support the Video Operations Group with production needs. This includes day to day studio operations in the following areas:
• Camera operators - operate and monitor live cameras on set during production hours
• Teleprompter operations - format scripts for teleprompter and operate teleprompter for talent during productions
• Technical directors - Operate Tricaster/live switcher during productions and work with director to produce shows in a timely & effective manner
• Floor managers - act as liaisons between crew and talent during productions. Get talent in/out of building, watch/adjust cameras, mic talent, etc.
• Editors /Motion Graphics- Cut/edit/produce content using nonlinear editing suites such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid or Sony Vegas. Experience designing motion/3D graphics for web or broadcast is highly desirable
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Should be analytical and detail oriented
• Should have some experience with broadcast journalism, video and/or audio production
• Must work well in a team environment and take direction well
EEO Statement: : Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled