Spring Intern - Audio/Podcast - Local Digital Media
CBS Local Digital MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
CBS Local Digital Media is seeking an Intern for our Podcast Team for Spring 2017. In this internship, you'll get hands-on opportunities promoting our podcasts, researching the industry, and supporting day-to-day operations.
This position requires candidates to develop and maintain a strong understanding of all CBS Local Digital Media's properties and products in order to support the Play.it Podcast team.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work actively to achieve results. The ideal candidates will assist the Podcast team in various reports and tasks including the following:
• Research the podcast industry at large and present your findings to the team
• Analyze and organize spreadsheets and assist sales team in planning/reporting
• Support social and marketing efforts
• Providing suggestions for additional podcasts as well as potential guest opportunities for current Play.it talent
• Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information
Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to develop a career in Digital Media. They will have demonstrated experience with team concepts and leadership positions. They will be familiar with streaming audio and podcasts, in addition to other forms of entertainment. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, strategically and communicate efficiently internally and externally. They will be pro-active, willing to learn, and an interest in continually developing their personal and professional skills.
• Strong computer skills. (i.e. must be proficient in Excel, Google Docs)
• Understanding of the digital marketplace, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple challenges at once
• Willingness to communicate with anyone and everyone necessary to get the job done
• Must be currently enrolled in college/university
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled