Summer Intern - Social Content
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2017 1:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Social Content jobs in New York-NY
Search all Summer Intern - Social Content postings
Full Time Paid Internship
The social content intern will work within the CBSNews Social Content Development & Programming team in our New York office. As a full-time member of our team during the summer, you will have an opportunity to impact hundreds of millions of News watchers through powerful social media content.
This internship offers the right candidate an opportunity to create content that will delight News watchers on social platforms as well as exposure to the full scope of content production. It is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in online content development/production or content marketing. We are looking for a local candidate who can start in early June. This candidate must be returning to school after the summer for at least one more full semester.
• Generate and pitch content ideas daily for CBS News Social Media platforms.
• Identify real-time social trends and rising themes and generate content ideas that leverage those opportunities.
• Create photo and video content in collaboration with content producers, designers and editors.
• Work with social content producers to publish social posts, including writing creative and effective copy and selecting/manipulating accompanying imagery.
• Assist social content team with other projects as assigned.
Time commitment: Full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team.
This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines.
• Understanding of publishing on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google , Instagram and Snapchat.
• Interest in News, entertainment, and pop culture.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to work against tight deadlines.
• Great communication skills and ability to articulate concepts.
• Keen eye for visual storytelling (experience in Photoshop a plus).
• Must be currently enrolled in college/university with at least one semester remaining after completion of the internship.
• Must successfully complete background check.
In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled