Summer Intern - Manual Quality Assurance
CBS InteractiveCameron Park, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
MaxPreps is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manual Quality Assurance Intern to add to our Quality Assurance Team for Summer 2017! This is a tremendous opportunity to make a real impact on the most cutting-edge sports applications in the industry.
Responsibilities include evaluating and testing new or modified software programs according to user requirements and established guidelines. Candidate must exercise considerable initiative and demonstrate a high degree of analysis and good judgment in making recommendations to improve systems. This position requires the ability to work on several assignments simultaneously with a very strong attention to detail.
• Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
At the core, the candidate must have a passion for cultivating a flawless product. Quality Assurance is the last line of defense before a product goes to market, and is an essential step in the development process. Testing comes in the form of meeting product guidelines, but also thinking about how the user experiences our products. Is the product functioning correctly across all platforms? Is it well designed and easy to use? What edge cases should we test for?
The candidate will learn how to create and execute manual test cases as well as document and report product defects found during the testing process.
The candidate will closely shadow the Quality Assurance Manager, attend regular meetings, and interact with the programmers and other members of the development team.
On-the-job training and continual support will be provided, allowing the candidate to become familiar with the many products, platforms, and processes operating at MaxPreps.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be readily available to answer questions and offer regular feedback throughout the internship.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
• Thrives on high impact, high visibility projects
• Ability to transform business requirements into executable test plans
• Easily recognizes system and software deficiencies
• Enjoys working in a team environment managing multiple tasks, being self-sufficient and collaborative
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and quickly shift priorities
• Proficient with various operating systems, computer applications and web browsers including, but not limited to, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, top social media platforms and mobile web
• Strong analytical and business analysis skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Sports background is valuable, but not required
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Must be at least 18 years old
Please include a detailed cover letter along with your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled