Summer Intern - Engineering
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
If you are a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys tackling technical and business challenges this internship is for you. You will work under the supervision of one of our engineering leaders and also be assigned a mentor for the summer. The engineering intern for CBSNews.com would be able to work on a multitude of projects (based on priority & interest of intern).
The engineer intern will help build enhancements on the leads platform and build tools, services, and data processes to support our highly trafficked sites. Responsibilities will extend to any of the applications associated with CBS Interactive's initiatives including both front facing applications and back-end services.
• Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Experience developing software with Java, Python, or PHP.
• Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
• Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
• Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Currently working towards a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled