Business Development Manager - Venues, Music Tours
CAPS PayrollCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Purpose: The main purpose of the Manager is to grow CAPS' Venues, Music Tours and Festivals clients and to provide them with an individualized and exceptional approach to customer service within employer of record payroll services and digital payroll solutions.
• Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company's products and/or related services.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization's products/services.
• Makes contact with current and prospective clients over the phone and in-person, required to perform periodic client visits, demonstrations and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers. Analyzes the territory/market's potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer's value to the organization.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics, operations, compliance and technical service groups.
• Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share, value opportunities and possible up-sales.
• Identifies advantages and compares organization's products/services.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, pipeline and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends.
• Maintain open and consistent communication with the clients to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
• Provide information and update the clients on company policy, procedures and union related changes.
• Advise and assist various departments with client related issues, concerns or needs.
• Plan and coordinate CAPS events throughout the year for clients.
• Public relations - attend industry functions as a CAPS representative.
• Assist with implementing and developing procedures that improve efficiency and accuracy of information retention.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business, Graduate Degree a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and 2-3 years extensive experience with client relations.
• At least 2 years of experience working in the Live Music/Live Event/Venue space.
• Strong organization skills and detail oriented individual.
• Strong cross group organized and collaboration skills and customer interaction experience.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Proactive, resourceful and efficient with resolving client questions or concerns.
• Excellent follow through with clients and CAPS employees
• Proficient computer skills and technologically savvy (PC, MAC & Accounting Software).
• Knowledge of the Music & Venues Industry and prospective Unions a plus.
• Prior experience working for Sales, Marketing and/or a Payroll Service Company.
• Event coordinating experience a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online