BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Buzzfeed Entertainment Group (BFEG) is searching for an experienced Freelance Video Producer/Editor to work with our Editorial Video team in NY to shoot and edit short form content for multi-platform distribution. The position is based in our NY office, and we offer competitive compensation, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to catered lunches twice a week.
A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and loves thinking outside the box.
• Edit, shoot and produce high-quality videos quickly and independently.
• Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge of the best ways to grab viewers, and how to tell as a story in as little time as possible.
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and team leads
• Format submitted content to fit the company's editorial guidelines
• Ensure that video/image/sound quality, size and placement meet requirements
• Responsible for archiving, organizing footage and other various tasks related to production
• Maintain several ongoing projects at once
• Maintain regular communication with writers, and producers to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
• A love of experimentation.
• Applicants should only apply if they have 2 yrs. experience with shooting and editing web/digital content.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Looking for editors with a thorough knowledge producing content end-to-end including:
• Assembly and Editorial
• Motion graphics
• Audio mixing
• Color correcting
• Making final 4K/UHD, HD, and SD deliverables
• Converting, transcoding and compressing files
• Knowledge of tapeless workflows
• Extensive experience handling multiple projects from pre to post production
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.