Video Producer, Beauty And Style
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Video Producer, Beauty & Style
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a creative and resourceful video producer and beauty obsessive who has had proven success creating compelling short-form lifestyle video content for Facebook and other digital platforms.
Candidates for this position should have an understanding of the multicultural beauty world, particularly content that caters to people of color. They must love to experiment, be a multitasker that can tackle any deadline, and be able to create videos from start to finish no matter what the budget or production style.
The ideal candidate has a background in beauty video production and genuinely believes the internet and social media platforms are amazing places full of creative people doing incredible things.
This job is full-time, based in New York, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Create, shoot, edit, and produce videos for BuzzFeed's Top Knot beauty brand
• Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
• A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
• Make creative, fun, and social-driven videos that people will like and share across our beauty platform
• Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
• Keep track of viral trends across all verticals, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
• 2-4 years of experience with all forms of video production and equally proficient with a DSLR as a mobile phone
• Proven experience within the beauty industry
• Strong passion for multicultural beauty, particularly content that caters to people of color
• Strong passion for social media and all things internet (writing skills a plus)
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc. -- After Effects skills a plus)
• A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it no matter what tools you are provided with
• Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
• Proven experience leading a small team or short term initiative
• Organized with your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.