BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Buzzfeed Video is searching for an experienced Freelance Video Editor to work with our Editorial team in editing short form videos for multi-platform distribution. The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to catered lunches twice a week. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for short form content, digital formats and loves thinking outside the box.
Rate is $31/hr., 40 hrs. per week (overtime eligible)
• Handle the post production of a wide range of Editorial video projects
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and team leads
• Maintain several ongoing projects at once
• Applicants should only apply if they have 2 years experience with editing digital content.
• Must be extremely proficient in Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Audition, and After Effects a plus
• Looking for editors with a thorough knowledge producing content end-to-end including:
• Assembly and Editorial
• Audio mixing (in Premiere)
• Color Correcting (in Premiere)
• Great at implementing feedback
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link
About BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP)
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with 1.5 billion monthly views across all platforms. BFMP employs over 200 people across it's Hollywood based editorial and branded video teams.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.