VP, Real Estate, Facilities & Security
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/10/2017 4:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for VP, Real Estate, Facilities & Security jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP, Real Estate, Facilities & Security postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We currently have an opening for VP, Real Estate, Facilities and Security reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and based on our LA campus.
Our ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented, strategic thinker who can identify and execute solutions to support the demands of a global digital business that is growing quickly. You are able to navigate between strategic vision and management and you are willing to roll up your sleeves to execute on projects as needed.
You should have existing project/people management and leadership experience and are willing to partner closely with internal/external partners as well as other cross functional leads to ensure there is alignment and collaboration.
• Own current and develop future property portfolio strategy and tactics for BuzzFeed to balance growth ahead of need.
• Take ownership for construction projects ensuring sensible scope, timetable, quality, cost; provisioning of all consultants, vendors and suppliers while managing financial elements of construction projects, partnering closely with finance team.
• Create and implement services that impact and add value to the organization as a whole. Use and maintain the existing workspace and amenities to add to the ''top line'' of business priorities by providing a safe and comfortable workplace while also maintaining efficient spend on the ''bottom line'' capex and opex costs.
• Unify and provide strategic direction and leadership to a facilities team (insourced and outsourced) who oversee both building operations (repairs and maintenance, HVAC, porterage, janitorial, etc.) and manage the daily operations of the site (space set-ups, occupancy planning and moves, security, EH&S programs, reception and mail services, etc.).
• Build strong relationships and influence business leaders (and their delegates) through timely, relevant, thorough and tailored communication that demonstrate an ability to balance the short-term and long-term needs of the business.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
• Significant direct experience in facilities Management, real estate, and workplace services experience
• Demonstrated experience partnering with other business units to meet company goals.
• Extensive experience developing and managing budgets.
• Proven success in managing global properties and leading global cross functional teams
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.