Social Video Editor
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Social Video Editor to join our social team in Los Angeles. The Freelance Social Video Editor will work with the social team to edit light-weight short-form content and help with running several Instagram feeds. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content.
Rate is $26/hr., 40 hrs. per week (overtime eligible)
• Edit 4-6 videos a week
• Work with the social team to grow Instagram pages, helping to curate and publish content for BuzzFeed's Instagram feeds and stories
• Implement feedback from social strategists in a timely manner
• Work with strategists to prioritize time-sensitive vs. evergreen projects so they are optimized for success
• Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Extremely knowledgeable about Instagram
• Interest in social platforms and data
• Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Ability to work independently and under close direction
• Experienced in deadline-driven environment and internet video
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 2-3 BuzzFeed videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
• Attach a resume.
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.