Social Media Strategist, Pero Like
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2016 11:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Strategist, Pero Like jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Strategist, Pero Like postings
Full Time Job
Social Media Strategist, Pero Like
BuzzFeed's Pero Like is dedicated to creating and sharing Latinx content to inform and delight an audience that is often underrepresented and misrepresented. We're looking for a Social Media Strategist to work full-time out of our LA office. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for the Latinx topic area, and a firm sense of what's widely shared on social platforms.
This position will use data to inform decisions, and will collaborate closely with the curation team, the operations team, and video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This job requires 1-3 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
A knowledge of and passion for DIY, style, beauty, health and wellness is a major plus!
• Plan, implement, and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple Facebook pages and other social media platforms
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple Facebook pages and other social media channels
• Partner with the operations team and the data science team to implement strategies and tests
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
• Manage the Pero Like Facebook page
• Contribute to the conversation about how we cover Latinx content on our site
• Generate ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more
• 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Knowledge and obsession with Latinx culture
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user
• Deep enthusiasm for finding, sharing and writing about videos from the deepest trenches of the web
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can effect a videos performance
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed posts published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.