BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is looking for a smart, collaborative, and detail-oriented Recruiter in our LA offices. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to effectively tackle high-volume recruiting, a tenacious attitude, and a customer-focused mentality that allows you to deliver service to your hiring managers with a smile and a can-do spirit, even on the days they are driving you nuts!
The ideal candidate has experience in a full-desk recruiting environment and is equally comfortable scheduling interviews as they are sourcing for candidates and closing offers. By partnering with hiring managers, this person will both work on defining BuzzFeed's talent acquisition strategy as well as actually hiring stellar people.
This position is based in our LA office and will work closely with our global People Team (with members in NYC and London) to develop recruiting strategies, build a strong employment brand, and other long-term initiatives (in addition to all the usual recruiting responsibilities).
BuzzFeed offers competitive compensation and benefits plus equity. We also provide perks like catered meals, company happy hours, a generous PTO policy, and more.
• Partner with hiring managers throughout the interview process to develop job descriptions, identify candidates, manage the candidate experience and negotiate offers.
• Work on positions for BuzzFeed Motion Pictures, while running searches for other key roles across various departments
• Develop a recruiting strategy to best sell BuzzFeed as a highly desirable place to work.
• Manage the inbound applicant pipeline, while identifying passive job seekers using a full range of recruitment tactics and resources.
• Meet with hiring managers on a regular basis to discuss hiring needs and current status of candidates.
• Partner with senior level management to do proactive and exploratory searches.
• Maintain a solid understanding of industry trends and provide insight into the competitive landscape.
• Partner with and mentor other members of the recruiting team.
• Build partnerships external of BuzzFeed to help in recruiting efforts.
• Attend various industry events and career fairs.
• 5-7 years of recruitment experience in similar industry, particularly film or video.
• Experience conducting searches for positions from entry to executive level.
• Expertise in sourcing, interviewing, and offer negotiations at all levels.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Analytical thinker who can conceptualize and analyze both business problems and solutions.
• Ability (and desire) to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
• Comfortable with organized chaos.
• Equal parts assertive and respectful.
• Honest, yet kind.
• And a good sense of humor never hurt anyone.