Senior Compensation Analyst
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Compensation Analyst
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Compensation Analyst. Reporting to the VP, Compensation & Benefits, this person will support the development, implementation and administration of various compensation programs and processes, including but not limited to base pay administration, annual incentive plans, long term incentives and the annual year-end compensation cycle.
This position is based in our New York City HQ. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Act as a resource and subject matter expert in compensation programs, policies, and legislation governing compensation. Provide advice and assistance to HRBPs regarding specific compensation issues and propose solutions and recommendations.
• Support the development, implementation, administration, communication and compliance of various compensation programs, including the annual compensation review cycle, sales commission plans, recognition plan etc
• Partners with Recruiters and HRBPs to establish competitive new hire offers and adhoc compensation adjustments
• Partner with People Operations and Finance to ensure accuracy in HR data systems including compensation, levels, titles etc
• Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions, forecasting and budgeting
• Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive compensation information to determine company's competitive position
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation and user training in support of various compensation programs
• Serve as a key point of contact for internal and external clients related to compensation
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 4 years of progressive Compensation experience or relevant general HR experience
• Expert skills in Excel with writing complex formulas and creating graphs
• Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.); Workday experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models, reports and metrics
• Ability to develop concise presentations to illustrate and communicate related information
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions and present conclusions regarding business issues
• Strong communication skills with a customer service approach
• Knowledge of HR laws and acumen