Production Supervisor-International Video
Full Time Job
The Production Supervisor oversees and coordinates all aspects of physical production and post production. They are also a multi skilled physical producer with a variety of production skill sets. They collaborate with Freelance Producers, Production Companies and internal team members to strategize and implement an approved production plan for each project. They then oversee production and post production of the project. They also coordinate and execute test shoots where they are expected to operate equipment. The Production Supervisor works with the freelance Line Producers to create the production budget, supervises the production, (co-ordinating when necessary), oversees all outside personnel and leverages existing relationships to negotiate favorable rates with vendors and crew. The production supervisor is also expected to manage and maintain the internal studio and equipment at BuzzFeed, as well as the post production facilities. They should have experience in budgeting, hiring, line producing, lighting, sound recording, cinematography, editing, post production supervising and product delivery. The International Video team is designed to be made up of ‘multi-hyphenate’ talent. (Professionals that can perform in multiple roles within video production). Therefore we will look to the production supervisor to take projects and concepts from the page and help deliver them as finished, broadcast standard videos.
• Research and recruit Production Companies and Freelance Producers
• Hire and oversee production crews
• Monitor and optimize workflow between BuzzFeed and production teams
• Maintain high quality standards for productions
• Oversee budgets submitted by outside teams
• Oversee the hiring of crew, negotiate rates, ensure crew is adhering to production policies
• Oversee scheduling for shoots
• Oversee and coordinate location scouts and casting
• Conduct budget meetings, feedback sessions
• Resolve production issues
• Handle and oversee contracts/agreements and crew/cast paperwork
• Oversee production related expenses
• Assist in maintaining legal compliance on the shoot day
• Manage and maintain studio, equipment and post production facilities at BuzzFeed UK
• Co-ordinate and execute test shoots
• Should be a skilled cinematographer and have an thorough understanding of lighting.
• Should have at least a basic understanding of sound recording on set.
• Should understand and be experienced in post production and post production work flow