Producer , Breaking & Social News
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer (or Jr Producer), Breaking & Social News
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative, innovative, resourceful, do-it-all firestarter/video producer/editor.
Someone who can take on experimental, long-term documentary projects and quick-hit viral news bangers with equal amounts of zeal and enthusiasm.
The role will exist as part of BuzzFeed Motion Pictures, but the team-member will work closely with BuzzFeed News, to expand the way BuzzFeed as a whole approaches video around news coverage.
This job is full-time, based in New York, and offers competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Producing 7-10 breaking and social news videos a week; creative, fast, short, text-heavy videos designed to share on Facebook
• Working with BuzzFeed News reporters to make videos about their coverage while they are reporting
• Working with BuzzFeed News curation team to quickly identify media in social ecosystem that could drive online conversation
• Breaking down trends happening across every platform to identify new ways of sharing various types of videos
• Discover and create new recurring video formats to live on BuzzFeed, Facebook & Facebook Live, and other platforms
• Producer: At least 4-7 years of experience producing online video content
• Jr Producer: At least 2-4 years experience producing online video content
• Extensive experience in newsroom environment
• An excitement to make videos around trending news topics
• A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
• Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web videos of all types
• An ability to organize your time and have a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
• Ability to work in small teams as easily as off on your own
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.