Post Production Technologist
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Technologist, Branded
BuzzFeed Branded Video is searching for an exceptional Post Production Technologist to work with our Branded Post Production team.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of our post specialists (color & sound finishing) and media team.
• Work with the media manager in with implementing our digital asset management and project/archive workflow.
• Maintain and manage our ever-growing edit bays both domestic and international.
• Work with the assistant editors and specialists to continually streamline process.
• Own and implement our project organization and standards with both staff and freelancers.
• Work closely with IT to forecast and cover Branded's ever-growing technology needs.
• Anticipate future growth needs and follow up with appropriate strategy and execution.
• Research and implement relevant software for Post Production including NLE, Color, Sound and VFX.
• Establish standards for new emerging technologies such as 4K, 360, and VR.
• Own workflow for broadcast, digital and theatrical deliverables.
• 1-2 years experience managing a team
• 3-5 years experience in post production or digital field
• A passion for technology and film making
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication, Media Management, Information Technology or related field
• Quantum SAN admin experience is a plus
• Knowledge of AWS Glacier / cloud based storage is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, After Effects, Resolve, & Pro Tools
• Advanced knowledge of Post Production processes
• Proficient in Google Apps or Microsoft Office
• Comfortable video codecs and formats
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.