Paid Intern - Video Editorial
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Video Internship (3-6 month temporary position)
The application deadline for this class is end of day November 28th and the next class will begin full-time hours in Los Angeles on Tuesday January 3rd.
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative and resourceful jack-of-all-trades who can assist with creating compelling short form video content for the web and other digital platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This is a paid temporary position with full-time hours based in Los Angeles. You must submit a sample video to be considered for this position. Please take a post from the BuzzFeed website and use it as inspiration to make a short one to two minute video that shows us what you can do. Send us an unlisted link and mention the title of the BuzzFeed post you based it on.
• Assist with video shoots
• Record sound
• Setup basic lighting configurations
• Go on runs for the dept (owning a car is a plus)
• Assist with research and media gathering
• Assist Production team with administrative tasks
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Write, Shoot, Edit 1-2 of your own videos during your internship
• Experience creating viral media
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
• Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
• A positive, playful disposition (no haters)
• General curiosity about life and the world around you. Adaptable to take on any assigned video topic; not stuck on your own particular point of view.
• Experience with cameras, audio and lighting equipment a plus
• On set experience is a plus
**Please submit links to work with your application**