News Video Fellow
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Full Time, Paid Fellowship
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative, innovative, and resourceful jack-of-all-trades who can assist with creating compelling news video content for the web and other digital platforms. Someone with an equal hunger for serious breaking news and fun viral stories. Someone who is constantly thinking about how to best present stories in a constantly changing landscape. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This is a full-time, paid fellowship based in New York, starting August 2017 (not a summer internship). You must submit a sample video to be considered for this position.
• Contribute ideas and edit short, text based videos on breaking news and viral stories
• Assist with video shoots - must be comfortable using DSLRs
• Record sound
• Setup basic lighting configurations
• Go on runs for the dept
• Assist with research and media gathering
• Handle video notes and packaging processes and administrative tasks
• Experience creating and editing video content
• Experience with cameras, audio and lighting equipment
• Journalism/News experience is a plus
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
• Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
**Please submit links to work with your application. If you are a BuzzFeed Community member and plan to submit anything relating to your application through Community, please include ''BuzzFeed Application at the very beginning of your submission**
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.