Managing Social Media Editor
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Managing Social Media Editor
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is seeking a brilliant, funny, and dedicated managing social media editor to lead a team of social strategists to grow our accounts, work with our data team to identify and communicate the results of our projects, and adapt BFMP content to mobile-first social platforms. The perfect candidate will have professional experience in social media, managing interns or full-time staffers, and proven success in growing accounts with an innovative, playful approach.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• Partner with our Director of Social Media to set and implement social strategy across all BuzzFeed social channels
• Share learnings about the BuzzFeed audience with video producers to help them create social-optimized content
• Collaborate with video producers to better inform them what works best on what platforms and channels, and why
• Develop and manage a team responsible strategizing and executing all of BuzzFeed’s video publishing
• Oversee and innovate within the production of content native to social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Vine
• Coordinate BFMP social media accounts and increase their growth
• Work with the business analytics team to develop and distribute analytical reports to the BFMP team about how our audience is engaging with our content on social media
• Facilitate new account creation and account access
• Come up with and execute new crowd-sourced projects to engage with our community
• Find creative ways to adapt BFMP’s content and mission to emerging platforms
• 2-5 years of professional social media editing experience
• Proven people management experience
• Experience with real-time analytics
• Obsession with social media in all forms — Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and an understanding of why the most popular stuff on those sites became popular
• Have a demonstrated ability to identify attributes of things people share
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Interested candidates should include the following to apply:
• Links to your social media accounts such as a Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, or personal blog. DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT SUBMITTING LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA PLEASE!
• A few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a great fit for this particular position and how your experience fulfills the requirements listed above
• A resume
• Links to any published written work if available
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M.