Manager, People Analytics
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Manager, People Analytics. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this person will take the lead on developing and building the people analytics function at BuzzFeed. This is a hands-on and consultative role, in which you will define and complete analysis that will provide actionable people insights to leaders, empower HRBPs with analytical tools and training, and create dashboards for reporting people metrics to our employees.
This position is based in our New York City HQ. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Build analytics systems, data structures, and databases. Gather and manipulate data, using statistical analysis techniques and predictive modeling to solve complex business problems and to ''tell the story'' about People at BuzzFeed.
• Determine relevant metrics for predictive analytics, leading/lagging indicators to determine risks, and opportunities from a people perspective.
• Automate, standardize, schedule, and publish key reports and analysis to help disseminate data and insights. Report results of statistical analysis in clear and effective ways, where insights and conclusions are clearly identified and communicated.
• Empower HR business partners with improved tools and training to easily access, understand and take action on people data.
• Provide consultative insights and actionable recommendations on key People trends (sourcing, engagement, retention, etc.) to BuzzFeed leadership.
• Work directly with the Chief People Office to gain detailed understanding of needed insights and drive improvement of key people processes
• Apply your expertise in research, quantitative analysis, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and help BuzzFeed recruit, grow and retain talent
• Communicate statistical analyses and results, as well as the people and business implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
• Collaborate with subject matter experts across the HR service areas (learning and development, recruiting, talent management, diversity, compensation, benefits) to improve overall strategic insights.
• Degree in appropriate quantitative analysis or related field (e.g. Economics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Information Systems, Statistics, etc.).
• 6 years of progressive consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action. Relevant experience includes analytics, management consulting, sales operations, finance, or related fields.
• 6 years experience using Excel and PowerPoint to tell a story with data to non-technical stakeholders (e.g., clients, executives).
• 2 years experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday.
• Background in data visualization or consulting.
• Experience training / mentoring others.
• Ability to communicate complex statistical concepts and output to non-experts in both a written and verbal manner that makes the insights clear and understandable.
• Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership teams.
• Exceptional business insight and strategic orientation.
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment.
• High degree of personal integrity.
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.