Lead Adaptations Producer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Lead Adaptations Producer
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a lead producer to join the Adaptations team! We are looking for a creative jack-of-all-trades, with a strong background in editing, knowledge of multiple social platforms and management to help come up with concepts for making and experimenting with platform specific content for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
This position will use data to inform creative decisions, and will build audiences across target platforms and initiatives. You will also collaborate closely with the publishing team, as this position will rapidly experiment with content across all social video platforms. This position will help lead the creative vision of the team by giving notes and guidance to other producers. The ideal candidate is obsessive about social media, editing and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a creative, data-obsessed self-starter, who can quickly ideate, produce and learn from experiments; someone who's a team player that embraces a rapid, iterative approach to making video and who values making highly engaging and shareable content in the BuzzFeed voice.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing? The candidate should also be able to look at a piece of content and understand how to adapt it for multiple platforms. Quick editing, iteration, and learning will be the key to success for the adaptations producer.
• Partner with the Publishing team to create and adapt content from existing content
• Develop and manage a team of junior adaptation specialists - provide feedback, notes, and mentorship; and work closely with manager to set goals for the team
• Oversee and execute multiple video concepts in a week, so the ideal candidate would have to be ready to collaborate, conceive and create ideas very quickly, while balancing management responsibilities
• Be a creative guide for the team, offering notes, feedback and direction to producers
• Use knowledge of online video to create platform specific videos in the most shareable way
• Ability to execute videos very quickly and create a variety of styles and looks that fit respective social platforms
• Full knowledge of Adobe CC (Pr, Ps, Ae, Il)
• Proven management experience
• 2-3 years of video editing experience.
• 2-3 years social media experience
• 1-2 years of motion graphics experience preferred.
• Experience with exporting and encoding videos.
• Fantastic sense of at least one social platform is a must, having your finger on the latest trends in video is a major plus
• An organized and detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in across major social platforms and the online video ecosystem.
• Passionate about creating content for a proven platform: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat.
• Experience in being nice is a MUST.
• Obsessive knowledge of current pop culture and social trends.
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 2-3 links to BuzzFeed posts published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or blogs you've worked on.
• Attach a resume
• Share an editing reel or samples of work you've done
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.