BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Buzzfeed Video is searching for an exceptional Equipment Specialist to bring their production and organizational skills to our Video Team. We run our own internal studio where we write, direct, and produce all of Buzzfeed's video content. We are looking for smart, skilled, passionate self-starter to join our growing team.
The position is based in our NY office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks.
• Research camera/lighting techniques
• Research and test new equipment and technology
• Perform repairs on cameras, lighting/grip equipment
• Run daily equipment check-out/check-in system with Producers
• Help Head of Physical Production with drawing up quotes for new purchases
• Ensure that equipment inventory is up to date in online database
• Place orders for expendables
• Assist producers with physical production and provide shoot support
• Develop and provide studio and equipment training and classes for new hires, fellows, and producers
• Perform safety spot checks
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
• 2 years experience in an equipment rental house
• Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
• Strong familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
• A passion for technology and organization
• Ability to work independently with a team
• Experience on set
• No haters
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.