Jr. Video Adaptations Producer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 12:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the MCN/YouTube Channel Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Jr. Video Adaptations Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Jr. Video Adaptations Producer postings
Full Time Job
Jr. Video Adaptations Producer
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a junior producer in our new Adaptations department! We are looking for a creative, ego-less, jack-of-all-trades who can come up with concepts for making and experimenting with content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc., using our ever-expanding cross-platform fountain of cat memes, food videos, and viral posts.
This position will use data to inform creative decisions, and will build audiences across target platforms and initiatives. You will also collaborate closely with the publishing team, as this position will rapidly experiment with content across all social video platforms. The ideal candidate is obsessive about social video and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter, who can quickly ideate, produce and learn from experiments, someone who's a team player that embraces and a rapid, iterative approach to making video, and who values making super highly engaging and shareable content above all else.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing? This person should have good social intuition, who loves making content without having to be behind or in front of a camera, and knows how to trust data to crack success. Quick production, iteration, and learning will be the key to success for the adaptations producer.
• Partner with the Adaptation lead to implement create content experiments.
• Use knowledge of online video to create videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact.
• Ability to execute videos very quickly and create a variety of styles and looks that fit respective social platforms
• Execute multiple video concepts in a week, so the ideal candidate would have to be ready to collaborate, conceive and create ideas very quickly.
• Full knowledge of Adobe CC (Pr, Ps, Ae, Il)
• 2-3 years of video editing experience.
• 1-2 years of motion graphics experience preferred.
• Experience with exporting and encoding videos.
• Fantastic sense of at least one social platform is a must, having your finger on the latest trends in video is a major plus
• An organized and detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in across major social platforms and the online video ecosystem.
• Passionate about creating content for a proven platform: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat.
• Experience in being nice is a MUST.
• Obsessive knowledge of current pop culture and social trends.
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 2-3 links to BuzzFeed posts published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or blogs you've worked on.
• Attach a resume
• Share an editing reel or samples of work you've done
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.