Intl. Video Adaptation Specialist
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Freelance International Video Adaptation Specialist
BuzzFeed is looking for two, quick and detail-oriented Freelance International Video Adaptation Specialists to help adapt our video content for international and cross-platform usage. These positions are based in our Los Angeles office.
• Adapt BuzzFeed video content for multiple platforms, including replacing text with translated text and motion graphics within project files as well as subtitles and captions where needed.
• Work with the Global Adaptation team to localize and distribute BuzzFeed Motion Pictures releases in multiple languages across different video platforms and distribution methods.
• Effectively communicate across different groups to ensure content is distributed on the correct platforms.
• Upload adapted videos for review and distribute final versions to international editors/staff as well as direct uploads to multiple video platforms. Address corrections, errors, video issues, and other time-sensitive publishing needs via watch lists.
• Help maintain database, project files, and log of translated video content.
• Extremely solid Creative Cloud skills with emphasis in Premiere and text editing in After Effects
• 2-3 years of motion graphics or graphic text layout experience preferred.
• A stylistic and graphic eye, understanding layout of different languages and character sets. (It's not necessary to know the languages themselves, but familiarity with font kerning, leading, tracking, etc. is highly preferred.)
• Experience with exporting and encoding videos.
• An organized and detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
• Bilingualism in Japanese and other languages is a plus, though not required
Interested candidates should include the following to apply:
• A cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position
• A resume
• A reel or samples showing your edit and text layout abilities
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M. BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with over 6 billion monthly views across all platforms.