International News Video Adaptation Specialist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/11/2016 12:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for International News Video Adaptation Specialist jobs in New York-NY
Search all International News Video Adaptation Specialist postings
Freelance Intl. News Video Adaptation Specialist
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented International Video Adaptation Specialist to help adapt our news video content for international and cross-platform usage in this New York city based position.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to edit and adapt videos in order to meet deadlines.
• Adapt BuzzFeed News video content for multiple platforms, including replacing text with translated text and motion graphics within project files as well as subtitles and captions where needed.
• Work with the Global Adaptation team to localize and distribute BuzzFeed News videos in multiple languages across different video platforms and distribution methods.
• Effectively communicate across different groups to ensure content is distributed on the correct platforms.
• Upload adapted videos for review and distribute final versions to international editors/staff as well as direct uploads to multiple video platforms.
• Maintain database, project files, and log of translated video content.
• Work with news producers to receive project archives and make requests for their content.
• Address corrections, errors, video issues, and other time-sensitive publishing needs via watch lists.
• Creative Cloud skills with emphasis on Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• A stylistic and graphic eye, understanding layout of different languages and character sets. (It's not necessary to know the languages themselves, but familiarity with font kerning, leading, tracking, etc. is highly preferred.)
• Experience with exporting and encoding videos.
• An organized and detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and edit videos to meet deadlines.
• Bilingualism, in any of our target languages (Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Japanese), is a plus.
Interested candidates should include the following to apply:
• A cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position.
• A resume.
• A video reel or some examples of your work.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M. BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is one of the largest original content creators in the online video space, with over 950 million monthly views across all platforms.