Intern - Video Editorial
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Video Internship (3-6 month temporary position)
Now accepting applications for the Video Internship Class starting in Early April! You must submit a sample video to be considered for this position. You will use your video submission to show off your video production skills and BuzzFeed / viral video knowledge. Your video submission is important!!!
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative and resourceful jack-of-all-trades who can assist with creating compelling short form video content for the web and other digital platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This is a paid temporary position with full-time hours based in Los Angeles. Again, you must submit a sample video to be considered for this position. Please take a post from the BuzzFeed website and use it as inspiration to make a short one to two minute video that shows us what you can do. Send us an unlisted link and mention the title of the BuzzFeed post you based it on.
• Assist with video shoots
• Record sound
• Setup basic lighting configurations
• Go on runs for the dept (owning a car is a plus)
• Assist with research and media gathering
• Assist Production team with administrative tasks
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Write, Shoot, Edit 1-2 of your own videos during your internship
• Experience creating viral media
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
• Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
• A positive, playful disposition (no haters)
• General curiosity about life and the world around you. Adaptable to take on any assigned video topic; not stuck on your own particular point of view.
• Experience with cameras, audio and lighting equipment a plus
• On set experience is a plus
**Please submit links to work with your application**
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.