Intern - Video Editing
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Video Editing Intern, Post Production (Editorial Video)
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, organized, technically well rounded Video Editing Intern to support our Video team with typical Assistant Editing and Editing responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms with a drive to work in the Post Production industry.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks.
• Communicate with the Post Production Department, Creative Producers, and Series' Editors on a daily basis
• Assist production crew with DIT offloading, verification and backup of footage/media
• Quickly sync and organize Raw footage within Premiere
• Ensure proper backups and archives are made
• Assemble and edit stringouts and scenes for various videos
• Assist with troubleshooting post issues: audio mix, color, Premiere problems
• Upload videos to Online Video Platforms (YouTube, Facebook, frame.io, etc)
• Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• At least 2-3 years experience working in the digital space
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Color and sound finishing experience is a plus
• Forward thinking and able to prioritize tasks
• Must have excellent writing and grammar skills
• Potential weekend availability to ensure coverage
• No haters! :)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.