Intern - Video Editing
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Video Editing Intern, Post Production (Editorial Video)
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, organized, technically well rounded Video Editing Intern to support our Video team with typical Assistant Editing and Editing responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms with a drive to work in the Post Production industry.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks.
• Communicate with the Post Production Department, Creative Producers, and Series’ Editors on a daily basis
• Assist production crew with DIT offloading, verification and backup of footage/media
• Quickly sync and organize Raw footage within Premiere
• Ensure proper backups and archives are made
• Assemble and edit stringouts and scenes for various videos
• Assist with troubleshooting post issues: audio mix, color, Premiere problems
• Upload videos to Online Video Platforms (YouTube, Facebook, frame.io, etc)
• Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• At least 2-3 years experience working in the digital space
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Color and sound finishing experience is a plus
• Forward thinking and able to prioritize tasks
• Must have excellent writing and grammar skills
• Potential weekend availability to ensure coverage
• No haters! :)
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.