Intern - Social Media & Publishing
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media & Publishing Intern
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is looking for someone with an understanding and love of online video to assist with taking our publishing and social media game to the next level. The position is based in our LA office.
We are looking for someone to assist with optimizing our video content and audience engagement. The ideal candidate will have a background in social media and have a deep understanding of Facebook, YouTube and other social platforms. They should also be excited by analytics, highly organized, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
The ideal candidate should also be able understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
• Assist with planning, implementing, and analyzing video releases and schedules across multiple YouTube and Facebook channels
• Upload and optimize videos across multiple social channels
• Identify and take down stolen content
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social channels and assist with comment moderation
• Create playlists people want to binge-watch across all our YouTube channels
• Experience in digital media, social media, and/or marketing
• Understanding and love of the digital landscape
• Knowledge of the YouTube and Facebook ecosystem and best practices
• Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit user
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.