Human Resources Business Partner
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/14/2016 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Human Resources Business Partner jobs in New York-NY
Search all Human Resources Business Partner postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our People team in New York City. This person will provide HR support to BuzzFeed's sales, marketing and sales operations functions, in partnership with our VP of People.
As an HR Business Partner you will need to understand the business so that you can help our managers and leaders with complex challenges and give guidance on People topics. You'll also have the opportunity to be hands-on, working with colleagues to get things done on a variety of People-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our employees - including compensation, performance and talent programs.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Offer expert HR guidance to managers in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and learning and development.
• Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Use data insights to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
• Collaborate with other People team members, leading and executing processes that allow for seamless employee development and People programs
• In partnership with finance and business leadership, maintain employee headcount and assist with metrics reporting
• Complete administrative tasks related to the execution of local HR management including HRIS system updates, maintaining personnel files, etc when needed.
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Minimum of 6-8 years of prior experience and 3-4 years prior HRBP experience advising clients on HR matters, including the investigation and resolution of employee relations matters.
• Experience providing HR support for sales, marketing and creative functions highly desired.
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• A self starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects
• Excellent communicator who builds rapport and credibility with others easily
• Team player who thrives in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
• Solid understanding of US labor laws and demonstrates strong HR sensibility and critical thinking