BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
HRIS Manager (Workday)
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is seeking an HRIS Manager, to be the company's subject matter expert for Workday during its implementation and beyond. Reporting to the Head of People Operations, the HRIS Manager will focus on maintaining the configuration and operation of Workday and serve as the primary contact for all matters related to it.
Joining our growing People Team, this person will have a direct impact on the ability of our team to serve the needs of a rapidly growing, highly dynamic global cross-platform media company.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from catered lunches, snacks, and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Serve as a master user for Workday, ensuring data accuracy and dynamic configuration according to business needs
• Partners with HR customer organizations and managers to understand business requirements and drivers for HRIS; Ensure delivery of high-quality services and products to internal clients.
• Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations.
• Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for services.
• Create and /maintain supervisory orgs; reassign unassigned tasks; review role assignments, maintaining security policies and permissions, setting up delegations, etc.
• Troubleshoot and resolve all system issues
• Support the People Ops Coordinator as needed with overflow of data entry of employee lifecycle transactions (e.g. new hires, salary increases, etc.)
• Create and run reports, both scheduled and ad hoc, and create dashboards
• Review and resolve integration failures
• Complete data auditing, validation and clean up
• Create and maintain technology documentation and training materials
• Serve as key member of implementation team for all phases
• Manage twice-yearly Workday update process
• Participate in HR special projects. Support annual processes within the People team including benefits enrollment, performance/compensation reviews, etc
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum 4 years HRIS experience with Workday. The ideal candidate will have experience configuring and supporting Workday HCM and integrations. Experience in the recruiting and learning modules a plus.
• Self-motivated and detail oriented; able to work autonomously and with the highest degree of confidentiality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
• Work collaboratively as part of a global People Team
• Strong ability and desire to lead projects
• Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently while demonstrating a sense of urgency. Strong multi-tasking and functions well in a constant change environment; able to manage around ambiguity
• 'Can do' attitude and a healthy sense of humor
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.