HR Business Partner, People Team
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/8/2017 11:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Business Partner, People Team jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all HR Business Partner, People Team postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Inc. seeks an experienced and enthusiastic HR Business Partner to work on the People Team. This role supports our dynamic and creative BuzzFeed Entertainment Group (BFEG) based in Los Angeles.
In this role you'll partner with company executives, local managers, and employees to provide strategic HR guidance on topics ranging from: employee development and performance management to compensation, organizational design, succession planning, employee relations and office culture. You will report into the VP of People for BFEG.
This is truly a ''hands on'' role. At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. You will be viewed as be a thought leader when it comes to developing and delivering competitive HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs and tackling daily tasks - all with a great sense of humor!
• Offer expert HR guidance to managers across our LA offices in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, talent planning, employee relations, and learning and development.
• Communicate and implement company best practices and philosophy.
• Partner with VP, People and BuzzFeed HQ to continuously gather and assess information on organizational perspective develop innovative solutions as necessary.
• Maintain current knowledge and stay abreast of applicable federal and local legislation and regulations pertinent to both NY and LA based BFEG employee populations, ensuring compliance across client groups.
• Handle employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion.
• Serve as counselor and/or advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues.
• Work with managers to help define and clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure consistency of levels across client groups.
• Work with larger People Team, company execs, division management and individual employees, to design and implement career development programs that fit BuzzFeed's growth and talent retention needs.
• Work with management to create bench-strength in key areas and design succession plans. Provide career counseling for employees as needed.
• Work with management to make BuzzFeed Entertainment Group an employer of choice.
• Strong employee relations experience on a broad range of issues, and the ability to successfully manage and navigate organizational change in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders, understand business goals and think strategically and tactically about the development and implementation of people programs.
• Serve as a credible HR resource for employees.
• 8 years experience as an HR generalist in a fast paced, dynamic organization.
• A self starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects and is able to manage multiple large projects simultaneously.
• Strong and effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
• Prior media industry and/or large multinational experience is a plus preferred.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Human Relations preferred
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.