Director, Business Development
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Business Development is responsible for structuring and negotiating a wide variety of transactions, with a focus on deals relating to the development, production and distribution of BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP) Content.
The position will report to the Global Head of BD (based in NY).
• This position will be expected to source, structure, negotiate and implement transactions from start to finish; the successful candidate must work closely with senior executives within the Company (including Sales, Marketing and Legal) to coordinate and communicate throughout all stages of a deal
• Manage certain BuzzFeed Motion Pictures third party relationships
• Advise and support senior executives and other management personnel on key business issues and rights matters
• Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience sourcing, structuring, negotiating and implementing complex transactions
• Strong entertainment industry relationships.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Business Development in the entertainment and/or digital media industry
• Experience sourcing, structuring, negotiating and implementing entertainment deals (e.g., production, distribution, live events, etc.)
• Superior analytical and writing skills with strong business and financial acumen
• Ability to strategize and think creatively; strong problem solving skills
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects simultaneously
• Professional, confident demeanor and a team player
• Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
• Must excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.