BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is looking for someone to support the development team responsible for our IP and talent. We're looking for this person to be super knowledgeable and curious about traditional entertainment development and business models.
This is a unique opportunity to sit between creative and business development/strategy, and have a real impact on BuzzFeed Motion Pictures' continual growth. Organization will be key in this fast-paced and ever-changing environment!
• Collaborate with multiple divisions within BuzzFeed, including in-house talent to develop valuable format, franchises and IP
• Coordinate large meetings with clients and other stakeholders
• Manage schedule, communication and workflow for Head of Development
• Maintain and track competitive grids and industry trends
• Review and strategize possible internal IP to monetize
• Experience working in media/entertainment environments
• Agency experience a plus
• Ability to work in small teams as well as work independently
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
• Strong understanding of how to grow content brands on the web
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.