Creative Photo Lead
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Photo Lead
BuzzFeed is looking for a highly motivated Creative Photo Lead to join the branded Creative team in Los Angeles. This role will work closely with the wider team to develop original photography–centric content for commercial partners across BuzzFeed and our multiple platforms.
Do you secretly shoot street style and run an incredible Instagram account? Have you ever seen a commercial campaign and thought you would have done it differently? We're looking for an energetic, imaginative, and driven individual who loves creating exciting branded work - including concepting, photo editing, and shooting. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to take beautiful professional photographs that range from silly to sublime.
We're looking for someone who is inspirational and different to join an already highly creative and successful team at a senior level. Can you inspire a team further? Our ideal candidate is comfortable managing a small team across different time zones while balancing shooting schedules and budgets.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• Assist BuzzFeed's branded Creative department by shooting and editing beautiful photographs
• Work with Creatives, Client Service Managers, and the Sales team to come up with creative solutions for programs containing original photography
• Understand the ins and outs of location scouting, prop styling, and production management
• Drive a project forward, anticipate needs, facilitate communication, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Convey a brand's message while maintaining the BuzzFeed voice
• Ensure all production resources and budgets are in line with the creative vision
• Produce original, creative, fun photographs that people will like and share on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and emerging platforms
• 5 years photography and photo editing experience working with major brands, plus minimum 2 years leading a team
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and strong editing abilities
• A portfolio filled with a variety of professional photographs - commercial, portraits, travel, etc.
• Ability to work on several programs at once while assessing each shoot's specific needs under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• An understanding of a variety of equipment and technical requirements for many types of photography
• Tons of original creative ideas and the ability to execute them without handholding
• General understanding of copyright
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters!)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.