This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2016 6:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Art Director jobs in London-UK
Search all Art Director postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed UK is looking for an enterprising Art Director to help define the visual look and feel for our editorial content and manage the production of artwork for our UK art desk. She or he will create and lead a small art department made up of photographers, photo editors, designers and illustrators to deliver smart visual solutions, from accurate and timely photos for breaking news events to the production of original artwork for our social channels. A successful candidate will have an understanding of today's mobile-first environment and know how to create art for stories that are beautiful and impactful on mobile, social and desktop.
This job will be based in our London office and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
• Collaborate with editors and reporters to come up with innovative and appropriate art solutions for stories covering a wide array of subjects.
• Manage and prioritize projects for a team of photo editors, designers and illustrators on a day-to-day basis based on the needs of the UK editorial team.
• Direct the flow of traffic, establish timelines, manage expectations, and balance both long and short term projects.
• Determine the visual needs for stories and how photography, design, or illustration fit into the larger goal for the piece.
• Communicate effectively and consistently with editors and reporters in the UK as well as with counterparts in BuzzFeed's US office.
• Commission photography and illustration as needed.
• Work with Photo Editor to direct in-house photoshoots.
• Extensive experience in editorial graphic design & art direction in a fast-paced editorial environment either print or online.
• Ability to both lead a team and produce artwork and design solutions as needed.
• Should possess the ability to create charts/maps/infographics and have a firm understanding of typography and the fundamentals of design.
• A proven ability to balance multiple projects while managing others simultaneously.
• High emotional intelligence as well as strong communication and negotiating skills.
• An understanding of european copyright laws.
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A network of freelance illustrators and photographers.
• An interest in, and understanding of, how content is shared across social media.
• Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please.