Desktop Support Technician
Brooklyn NetsBrooklyn, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2016 9:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Desktop Support Technician jobs in Brooklyn-NY
Search all Desktop Support Technician postings
Full Time Job
The Desktop Support Technician will assist the IT Department in day to day operations. Monitoring and assisting with the company support ticketing system and support line for prompt resolution of issues and requests. This position must provide excellent service to end users, assist with training for staff, managing orders and supplies. Other areas of responsibility are supporting break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, image management, documentation, network issues, etc.
Brooklyn Nets is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Manage, log and update all support calls using the company ticketing system;
• Obtain necessary information from users to adequately describe the request or problem report;
• Provides prompt and excellent customer service to staff;
• Work with the employee to ensure that requests or problem reports have been satisfactorily handled;
• Support issues and setup with computers, printers, copiers, email, phone, applications, network connectivity and other related technology;
• Assist with installation, troubleshooting and support for hardware, software, and networks;
• Manage accounts in Active Directory and access rights and permissions to folders;
• Manage inventory supplies of computer hardware, software, phones and toner;
• Provide job training to new hires and staff as needed;
• Plan and execute allotted work within deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks;
• Maintain accurate documentation for system installations, configurations, upgrades and purchases;
• Statistical Technical Coordinator for Long Island and Brooklyn Nets home games;
• Transports all stored arena technology to designated areas;
• Sets up NBA game night equipment for stats, clock and replay systems;
• Is available four hours prior, during and after the game for troubleshooting of potential technical issues;
• Breaks down, packs and transports all equipment, cables and parts back to storage;
• Other duties as assigned;
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
• At least one year of experience of Desktop Support or one year of technical support work;
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or equivalent related experience);
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computer operating systems;
• Must have a working knowledge of Apple Operating systems;
• Must have an uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others and company documents and records;
• Must have strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills;
• Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize task when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
• Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
• Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
• Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
• Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
• Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
• Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-today operations without interruption;
• Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (<5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
The incumbent works primarily in an office environment; however, is expected to attend Brooklyn and Long Island Nets games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.