Accounts Payable / Clerk
Brooklyn NetsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
The Brooklyn Nets seek a highly motivated individual to handle the daily Accounts Payable responsibilities. Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for processing all vendor disbursements as well as employee expense reimbursements for the company. This position reports to the Controller.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Administer and enforce the purchase authorization process;
• Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and expense report and ensure timely payment;
• Responsible for preparing the accounts payable register, aging and related reports;
• Review all check and ACH/wire transfer requests to ensure properly approved and include proper supporting documentation;
• Maintaining organized files of payment support;
• Prepare and deliver bank deposits, as required;
• Special projects, as required.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma, or equivalent, required;
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree desired;
• 2 – 3 years working in an accounts payable department required;
• Must have strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel;
• Must have direct experience working with accounts payable software; knowledge of Platinum for Windows software a plus;
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and be skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data;
• Must have extreme attention to detail and be able to identify errors quickly;
• Must have the uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, as well as, company documents and records;
• Must be able to effectively communicate issues and concerns to the Controller and other finance team members;
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
• Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
• Must have good decision-making skills and solid judgment;
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently;
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and overall company.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
May be required to travel on rare occasions (< 5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, may be expected to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all tasks that may be assigned, rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of this position.