Account Executive, Ticket Sales
Brooklyn NetsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for sale of all ticket inventory including premium club seating, single game suite rentals, season ticket packages, and group seating. This is a full time position that offers the potential for career growth to successful individuals within our organization.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sells premium club seating, single game suite rentals, season ticket packages, and group seating through relationship building through the business community, and following up on inbound leads and prospecting cold calls. This person also has the ability to cross-sell other Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment assets, including other Barclays Center events, including the New York Islanders as well as Nassau Coliseum events;
• Contacts, schedules, and conducts in-person and phone presentations with appropriate decision makers within targeted accounts;
• Meets and exceeds all weekly, monthly and annual sales, phone, and appointment goals set by the Director of Brooklyn Nets Ticket Sales;
• Participates with in game activities including, but not limited to visits to suites/seats, prospect entertaining, and complaint resolution;
• Tracks and provides accurate, regular reports for management detailing sales activities, pipeline status and pending deals;
• Attends special events such as Nets Hospitality Functions, Business Clubs, Chamber of Commerce meetings and other live lead generating opportunities;
• Works with the marketing department and sales staff in order to generate customer leads and promote public awareness;
• Participates in special projects/project team(s) as assigned, to support department objectives.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 1-2 years of experience working in sales (preferably in ticket sales for a professional sports franchise);
• Experience working with database applications.
• Must have truly outstanding customer service, interpersonal communication skills (verbal, nonverbal and written) and active listening skills;
• Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
• Must have experience with face-to-face presentations and event selling;
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and related software skills;
• Must have strong time management and organizational skills;
• Must be able to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
• Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
• Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently by prioritizing tasks and creating defined goals and objectives;
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
• Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
• Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (<5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other events at Barclays Center, which may include those on evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.