Theatrical Lighting Technicians
Break the Floor ProductionsNorth Hollywood, CA
Part Time Job
We are seeking lighting technicians for our upcoming tours season, September 18, 2017 - June 1, 2018
***Applicants must be based in the Los Angeles area and have a valid passport, with ability to travel into Canada***
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- layout, assembly and strike of all truss and lighting fixtures on your stage
- lighting console programming and operation during event.
- maintaining equipment either through self-servicing on site, or informing BTFP office only if equipment cannot be repaired on the road
- assisting with staging setup and break down
- assist with truck loading and unloading
- managing a crew of 4-8 people during load-in and out
- working long hours in high-pace theatrical production environment
Please indicate if you have any experience with the following:
* Grand MA or Avolites lighting consoles. If not, please specify what consoles you are familiar with
* Intelligent Lighting
* Moving light repair
* Conventional fixture and cable repair
* Portable Staging assembly
Knowledge of dance conventions and competitions is a major plus, but not mandatory. Please include this in your resume.
Time Commitment and Travel
Thursdays through Mondays. Company covers flight, hotel and transportation in show city.
Prior to each tour, you will need to commit to a minimum two weeks of paid training and shop work to prepare for the tour at our production facility in North Hollywood, CA. This training period will start September 18th. There will also be the opportunity to work additional hours at the shop during off-weeks as well as Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the tour season.
$1100 per city average. Shop Pay begins at $17.50/hr.
We also provide a bonus for successful completion of contract.
$1,100 per tour city average
Job Code: LIGHTING TECH
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system, we automatically include this in the subject line for you Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online