Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
Designer (Blue Sky Studios)
• Work closely with Production Designer to design the characters and environments to be used in CG animated projects.
• Create complex character, set and prop designs.
• Execute complex looks in 2D and 3D.
• Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets.
• Bachelor's degree in art preferred.
years of directly related production experience as a visual development
artist, or related, in the Animation and/or CG Games industry.
• Strong and well developed traditional art skills, including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition.
• Strong character/environments concept drawing skills required.
• Expertise in Photoshop and techniques required.
• Experience or knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition desired.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
and recognized innovative thinking and expressive styling that is
exhibited through a body of work in animation, illustration, fine art,
games, or live action.
• Good sense of color
• Ability to take creative direction.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Working knowledge of Maya is desired. (For environmental designers only)
• Demo reel and/or portfolio required.
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.