Intern - Documentary Production
Black Valley FilmsSilverlake, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Documentary Production jobs in Silverlake-CA
Search all Intern - Documentary Production postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Black Valley Films is looking for a part-time intern to assist Academy-Award-nominated filmmaker, Scott Hamilton Kennedy.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about documentary production from the ground up. You will gain exposure to production and post-production environments, as well as learn the business behind independent documentary filmmaking. The company is small, making it possible for you to work closely with the director himself and learn more about the company as a whole than you would at a larger entity. You will be an essential part of the team.
Responsibilities span from research, post-production workflow (transcoding and organizing media from shoots), to general office-related needs. Interns will also have the opportunity to manage our marketing campaigns via social media networks. Requirements: valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Minimum 3-month commitment required.
To apply for this position, please answer the following 4 questions (see below) in your cover letter.
1. In what specific ways are you ideally suited for this internship?
2. What are the benefits of this internship to you?
3. What's one of the most important lessons you've learned from a mistake that you've made in the past?
4. Describe the most complex project, product or event that you personally coordinated (for yourself or for someone else) - what were the ''moving parts'' that you had to organize, track, and execute?
Skills that are handy, but not required:
- Mac proficient
- MS Excel and Word proficient
- excellent verbal communication skills
- Production skills
- Organizational and research skills
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro7, Photoshop, and Filemaker Pro
- Knowledge of various social media platforms
LOCATION: Home office in the Silverlake area
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri. approx. 10am-6pm (''family style'' lunch is provided)