Bigger Hammer Production ServicesLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Rigger jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Rigger postings
Part Time Job
Bigger Hammer Production Services has exciting and rewarding career opportunities for On-Call Theatrical/ Arena Riggers. If you are interested in working for a great company that values and invests in the professional development of its employees, read on and apply.
Us: Bigger Hammer Production Services has provided quality A.V. technicians, stagehands, and riggers across Southern California since 1996. We've built our reputation as a leader in the industry by providing professional, hard working, and responsible crews.
Assists in the delivery, set up, operation, dismantling and striking of rigging and rigging equipment needed for clients' live events (i.e. corporate meetings, concert production, theatrical productions, special events, etc.). Often includes rigging for video systems, audio systems, lighting systems, and scenery.
Duties & Responsibilities - Depending on the needs of the particular assignment, performs one or more of the following duties:
• Assists Crew Chief and/or Head Rigger in ensuring the safe setup, use and maintenance of rigging equipment used during for concerts and special events.
• Hangs points, calls bridles, ties knots.
• Hangs soft goods and hard set pieces.
• Operates rigging equipment during load-in, show and load-out.
• Implements, documents and ensures compliance with rigging equipment safety inspection program.
• Identifies any additional rigging equipment that may be required.
• Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Always adheres to safety standards for rigging equipment and uses safe working methods.
• Performs all other tasks requested.
• May work as crew during event, operating spotlights, assisting sound crew, moving backline, scenery, etc.
• Unloads trucks and moves gear to set up location in accordance with instructions.
• Strikes equipment upon completion of event, packs equipment cases and loads trucks.
• Reports hours to office if no Crew Chief on duty.
• Performs basic troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment.
• Excellent understanding of, and adherence to, safety requirements.
• Strong understanding of safe working loads, safety factors and rigging principles.
• Good problem solving skills, common sense and good judgment.
• Familiarity with equipment such as scissor lifts, standard and power tools, and audio/video and lighting equipment highly desirable.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions while maintaining strong detail orientation, be flexible and adaptable under varied conditions and requirements, and maintain composure/perform well under time pressures.
• Ability to operate effectively in absence of direct supervision.
• Typically requires ability to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl and/or sit for long periods.
• Use well-developed fine and gross motor skills and exhibit manual dexterity.
• Ability to regularly lift, push, pull or otherwise move and position up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision capabilities include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Ability to hear and communicate verbally.
• Ability to read and speak English.
• Basic knowledge of Internet, e-mail and faxing.
• Noise level in the work environment varies and can be loud.
• May be asked to work unconventional, varied schedules including overnight shifts.
• Assignments may be out-of-doors, sometimes in remote locations, and subject to prevalent weather conditions.
• ETCP Rigging Certification highly desirable
• Must be available to respond on short notice; it is required to arrive at work sites on time.
• 2 years or 4,000 hours documented arena up rigging work experience.
What We Offer You!
• Competitive salary
• Benefit Packages Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
• Career Advancement Opportunities