Big Ten NetworkChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Big Ten Network is searching for a Programming Coordinator to join their team in Chicago. The incumbent will be responsible for the creation and distribution of the BTN programming schedule and Video On-Demand schedule. The Coordinator will also serve as the Standards and Practices liaison for BTN and will be responsible for assigning V-Chip ratings to all original programming.
• Assist in creating BTN programming schedule - generate BTN schedule changes and communicate to internal staff and external partners
• Watch and V-Chip rate all BTN original programming
• Watch and approve necessary BTN and FOX promotional spots
• Assist in entering all Big Ten sports schedules into master database and update as necessary - update and maintain various BTN Programming files
• Create monthly Video On-Demand Programming Planners
• Write and distribute descriptions to internal and external partners for all shows and events
• Assist in maintaining and updating BTN Streaming schedule
• Communicate schedules with Big Ten Universities and internal staff - update associated streaming files internal
• Assist with football gameday operations
• Conduct research for future programming initiatives
• Perform general administrative duties: processing invoices, shipping packages, filing, etc.
• 4-year degree preferred with an emphasis in Radio/TV/Film, Communications, Broadcasting or Business
• A strong passion for Big Ten sports and experience in television or sports is helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed - problem solving skills are necessary
• Strong organizational skills are necessary
• Great verbal, written communication, negotiation and presentation skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet strict deadlines, and strong analytical skills
• Must demonstrate the ability to adapt to a frequently changing environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed
• Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining effective business relationships are necessary
• The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required
A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 1,500 events across all platforms, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the digital extension of the Big Ten Network, delivering live games and on-demand programming to Big Ten Network customers via the web, smartphones, and tablets. Events include football, men's and women's basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation's finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America. For additional information, go to http://www.btn.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.