Big Ten NetworkChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Big Ten Network is searching for a Production Coordinator to join their team in Chicago. The incumbent will work on remote event invoicing, event and resource scheduling, coordination of on-site safety plans and above-the-line and talent payroll. This person will be the Production Coordinator for all assigned events and work directly with production, finance, business operations, and travel departments.
• Work with Remote Operations and Production for event planning
• As schedules are released, work closely with Remote Operations to ensure schedules for ATL are coordinated for events, on-site safety plans are determined with FOX safety and schedules are inputted into the Remote Operations Master Schedule
• Adapt plans according to changes in production plans
• Produce crew sign out sheets for ATL for each event
• Working with Executive Producer and Coordinating producers on ATL scheduling, T/E events in concur, and crewing and payroll in FACTS
• Approving ATL / Talent Payroll - working with Finance on reporting actuals and receiving vendor invoices in a timely manner.
• Coding invoices and vendor onboarding
• Bachelor's degree required - preferably in communications, film, business or broadcast journalism
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed
• An analytic mind and good numerical skills
• Great people management and coordination skills.
• Excellent financial acumen
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to create Excel reports/spreadsheets
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Self-motivated and able to have conversations with multiple levels of personnel
• Must be extremely organized
• Must be computer literate in Word/Excel
A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 1,500 events across all platforms, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the digital extension of the Big Ten Network, delivering live games and on-demand programming to Big Ten Network customers via the web, smartphones, and tablets. Events include football, men's and women's basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation's finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.