Co-Pilot (Studio Operation)
Big Ten NetworkChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2016 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Co-Pilot (Studio Operation) jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Co-Pilot (Studio Operation) postings
Full Time Job
The Big Ten Network is searching for a Co-Pilot (Studio Operation) to join their team in Chicago. This position assists and coordinates with the Pilot regarding the execution of live studio programming using a ROSS OverDrive Automation system. The responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the Pilot by using studio equipment to build effects and templates for coding and execution of studio shows via INEWS rundowns. The position will be part of a team that works closely with the Production Producers, Graphics, Operations, etc. to execute and maintain consistent cohesive live sports studio programming.
Position works primarily in the studio and studio control room.
• Assists Operations Pilots on all responsibilities for the execution of live studio shows, pre-game shows, specials and breaking news via automation including communicating with Transmissions in Chicago and Master Control in Texas
• Works with the Producers in Production, Graphics and Operations Departments to create and maintain templates for all on-air and monitor elements
• Schedules and participate in meetings and conference calls related to events, as required
• Maintains office hours as necessary
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 1 years' experience with ROSS automation in a live setting with a strong understanding of studio equipment including switchers, audio boards, replay, etc…
• Must have AD experience and knowledge of INEWS and rundowns
• Knowledge and understanding of college sports is a plus
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed
• Great organizational and project management skills are necessary
• A demonstrated ability work without supervision in a high pressure environment is essential
• Must be able to adapt to changes easily, allow for flexibility with the schedule and have strong attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills needed
A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 800 events, all in HD, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the 24/7 simulcast of BTN that delivers live and on-demand programming via the internet, smartphones and tablets to customers of participating video providers. Events include football, men's and women's basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games.
The network televises and streams more Olympic sporting events and women's sports than has ever been aired on any other network. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation's finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 52 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Rogers Cable, Shaw and Shaw Direct (Canada) and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America. For additional information, go to www.BTN.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.