Big Deal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Royalty Coordinator at Big Deal Music Group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
Data Entry - enters royalty data in publishing software
• Enter checks/deposits and statements as received
Data Review - reviews, analyzes and ensures accuracy in royalty statement data
• Make sure sources are paying correct rates and units
Issue Management- resolves payment and rate issues with royalty sources
• Contact sources for missing statements, payments and to resolve rate/unit issues
Statement Processing - assists in the closing of royalty accounting periods
• Review and balance in preparation for processing
• Prepare and issue statements
Department Maintenance - assures adequate supplies are available for quarterly royalty runs
• Inventory supplies needed for filing and mailing
• Filing and scanning source statements and client statements
• Bachelor degree, preferably in business or related field
• Related royalties or financial experience
• Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized, with an ability to manage large workloads and prioritize demands
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
• Self-starter work initiative and an ability to work independently and with a team
• Solid math skills and the tendency to think in an analytical fashion
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
• Familiarity with the music business and publishing
This is a full time, entry level position with salary dependent upon experience and benefits. The royalty tasks will require the flexibility to work extended hours as necessary while planning time off so as not to interfere with meeting deadlines.
Big Deal Music Group is an artist-driven independent media company that is dedicated to maximizing opportunities and services for its writers, publishers, clients and partners. Currently, our affiliated divisions include Big Deal Music, Big Deal Media, and Words & Music with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York and London.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online