Barbizon LightingCharlotte, NC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for General Manager jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all General Manager postings
Full Time Job
Barbizon Lighting is an international integrator/distributor to the arts and entertainment industry currently seeking a dynamic, seasoned individual to lead our operations in Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA.
Reporting to the President, this is a key position and part of the senior management team consisting of several General Managers, National Sales Managers, and corporate level managers. This position is based in Charlotte, NC and will also be responsible for our Atlanta location.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Effectively guide, motivate, train and evaluate employees.
• Provide oversight and support for Sales, Accounting, and Administration staff.
• Establish and implement objectives, policies and operating procedures.
• Navigate employee relations issues with a working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
• Develop and execute focused sales growth strategies.
• Continually evaluate and improve sales processes with profitable results.
• Participate in developing and executing strategic business planning initiatives.
• Develop and manage sales revenue and operating budgets.
• Monitor income, expenses, and cash flow.
• Represent the company at various business meetings and industry events.
Qualified candidate will have:
• A team-oriented approach with an outgoing personality.
• A proven track record of effectively establishing strong internal and external business relationships.
• A proven ability to operate under pressure.
• Strong influence with excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ten or more years of business experience in a leadership role, preferably in a distribution environment, including at least five years at a management level.
• Experience managing customer service, sales, or operations areas such as inventory, purchasing and warehousing.
• Excellent planning, organization, presentation and project management skills.
• A willingness to travel and to work on a flexible schedule.
• Strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable/Receivable.
• Strong working knowledge of computer software and systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, contact management, project management, and local networks.
• Bachelors degree.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record working with customers and vendors in the arts and entertainment industry. Preference will be given to candidates with local market knowledge.